too require a lot of caffeine to get you going? feel irritable or sleepy all day long?
have difficulty staying awake while watching TV? have difficulty in concentrating?
No wonder you’ve messed up your sleeping schedules really bad! Sleep, though being most important part of a person’s health and well- being, is more often than not hugely neglected.
Why is “good” sleep important?
Helps in keeping Better productivity and concentration- Sleep has links to several brain functions and affects your academic performance directly. The better the sleep, the vigilant you are.
Prevents depression- Better sleep can lower down the stress levels and help when feeling depressed or anxious.
Keeps your energy high- After a good sleep you rise to higher Energy levels, a better mental understanding, and a quick performance. All this because mind is fresh, well rested, and ready to take up new ideas freely!
Lowers the risk of Weight gain- Studies show that lack of sleep often leads to extreme body weight situations- “overweight”, sleep deprived people are often found obese.
Improves blood flow- A good night sleep is said to regulate blood flow and improve circulation, thus lowering risks of heart diseases.
Essential oils to your rescue!
Using essential oils to help you sleep is one of those ancient remedies that is making a comeback. The easiest and most effective way to relax your brain and put your mind to a restful place is to go for Aromatherapy. Using these volatile, ethereal oils, in their purest form, can alter our brain activity for good, they have a deep impact on our mood and behaviour- that’s essentially what Aromatherapy is all about. Incorporating this into your night time routine will help you fall asleep easy and stay asleep longer.
Wondering which Oils to use?
Soothing Essential oils that have a calming effect on our brain and inhaling which, gives feelings of relaxation are best advised for Aromatherapy and so for sound sleeps.
The Sleep Kit by Satt Naturals, cradling best sourced Essential Oils, contains Lavender and Sweet Orange oils, with Sweet Almond Oil, for they have the best Scents to destress the mind and benefit your sleep to give you best relaxing experience.
SLEEP KIT (Lavender, Orange, Almond)
- Reduces stress and anxiety
- Helps you sleep better.
- Gentle on the skin and good for daily use.
- All oils are natural, pure and chemical free.
- For all skin types.
- Preferred use at night
Lavender Oil- Lavender oil is a mild sedative known to reduce stress by relaxing the brain nerves, which in turn reduces cortisol levels. This counter action of Lavender helps support the immune system by relieving stresses that can weaken health. Due to its calming and relaxing properties, it can work as a sleep aid for those suffering from insomnia.
Sweet Orange oil- Sweet Orange Essential Oil is known to have a fresh, and bright uplifting scent that is relaxing, and which gives a calming effect. The oil is known to induce sleep and enhance its quality while facilitating the body’s detoxification process as well. The aromatic benefits of Orange Oil include, curing tension and depression thus, helping treat but also is insomnia, especially the one caused by anxiety. This happy scent destresses the best!
How to use these 2 oils -
- Put 1 drop of Lavender essential oil or Sweet Orange Oil to either side of your pillow while you sleep. This will allow the scent to linger throughout your sleeping hours, giving you improved quality of sleep.
- Diffuse 5-10 drops of Lavender oil or Sweet Orange oil is a diffuser and meditate for 15 minutes before sleep, this Aromatherapy will help release stresses and you can then sleep peacefully.
It is advisable to always use Essential Oils with some Carrier Oil. We strongly suggest Sweet Almond Oil, which gets along with both Lavender and Sweet Orange, just smoothly! Sweet almond is one of the most diverse and accessible skin care oils, due to its light weight and high nutrient density, it makes the most popular Carrier oil.
If you are a fan of combinations of oils, together with sweet almond, this trio will blend just perfectly fine.
- Add 3 drops of Lavender oil and 3 drops of Sweet Orange oil to 10ml of Sweet Almond Oil. Use this to apply on your pulse points- temples, wrists or neck before bedtime to let the combined aroma of the three do the needful.
- You can use these oils individually with Sweet Almond oil as well for the same.
- You can also diffuse 3 drops each of Lavender and Sweet Orange oil in a Diffuser with water to mediate for 15 minutes before sleeping. This will give you a calm ambience to sleep sound in.
For Sleep being as important as your morning coffee, take it seriously. With essential oils, sleep healthy and wake up Energetic!