"Affectionate touch and rhythmic movement are among the most powerful forms of communication between babies and their parents”, so they're great ways for you to bond.
Baby massages are extremely gentle, compared to adult massages. These involve rhythmic stroking of the baby's body with nothing but just hands. One should use oils for better lubrication. Good oils may help not just with extra nourishment to the baby’s skin but also improve their overall behaviour for good.
Massaging indeed helps a baby
- Helps release Happy Hormones, giving baby and the caregiver not just a cute quality laugh but also an increased bond between them. Baby massage is good for both- the baby and the person performing the massage.
- Gives baby a soft, healthy looking bouncy skin.
- Helps improve blood circulation, ensuring better supply to muscles and tissues.
- Encourages joint mobility and develops flexibility.
- Improves sleeping patterns and gives babies a tight sleep, as massages are very calming and relaxing.
- Soothes and calms a fretful or crying baby especially when he’s used to massage. Gentle stroking movements beautifully suffice.
Confused and unsure about the choice of oil for Baby Massage?
Here’s the solution
Sweet Almond oil by Satt Naturals is one of the most diverse and accessible skin care oils. Due to its light weight and nutrient density, it is Perfect for your infant’s skin. It’s a 100% pure and natural product. The fact that it is unadulterated, makes it perfectly safe to use on babies’ sensitive skin.
Why choose Sweet Almond Oil for Baby Massage?
Sweet Almond Oil is rich in natural Vitamin D and E making it a deep moisturizer. Babies become irritable and uncomfortable if the oil stays or is not removed well after massage. The thin consistency and non-sticky nature of Sweet Almond Oil makes it perfect for baby skins as it gets absorbed very quickly and doesn't stay on the skin for long. Best part, it can be used throughout the year.
Usually, Pre-bath massages are preferred by care takers so that extra oils are washed off while bathing the baby. Sweet Almond Oil can be used even Post bath as it doesn't leave residue and is completely absorbed, thus making it an excellent option if baby's skin is dry and needs moisturization throughout the day.
1. Rich in Goodness: The oil is rich in, Essential B complex vitamins and has high levels of Omega-6 Fatty acids. It is also a good source of Vitamin E, which is essential for a healthy skin.
2. Nourishes and Moisturizes: Sweet almond oil also possesses light moisturizing properties. This keeps baby’s skin soft for longer hours. New born babies have extremely sensitive skin, and thus has higher chances of developing sores, inflammations, thus making skin dry and irritable. Application of Sweet Almond Oil helps cater this dryness and making baby calmer.
3. Relaxes muscles and helps baby sleep better: A massage with this oil can help your baby relax. Massaging baby before bed time is a great way to soothe those arms and legs. This will improve baby’s blood circulation and help him with a nice good sleep.
Right time to begin baby Massage
Sweet Almond Oil is recommended to use on skin once the baby turns one month old. By this time their skin develops its natural protective barrier that will help avoid moisture loss from baby’s skin. The skin now becomes thicker and is ready to take your gentle strokes.