Lemongrass is a delicate grass, full of surprising skincare and health benefits – so this article is all about how to use it in your DIY wellness routines!
What is lemongrass oil ?
Lemongrass is a bright green grassy plant, that has lemon- like scent and mild citrus flavour. It loves sunlight and grows well in tropical regions like India, hence used hugely in South Asian recipes. It is steam distilled to process its oil to get a 100% pure extract.
Scent is the first thing we notice when one talks about this grass- the natural, earthy, fresh and slightly pungent but sweet-sour fragrance! This is what makes it perfect to be used in Essential oils.
The oil has wonderful benefits in addition to its scent!
Why pick Lemongrass oil?
- To restore balance
- To cleanse, when you experience breakouts of acne.
- To soothe, when you are achy.
- To boost, when you’re feeling dull.
- To calm, when you are tensed!
Uses of Lemongrass oil
A very versatile oil, that is used medicinally, cosmetically as well as, as an odorous product! Let's get started with the uses and the following DIYs involving this fresh oil.
- Lemongrass Essential Oil’s analgesic properties help relieve muscle pain and ease muscle tension.
2. Lemongrass Essential Oil helps detox the skin to purify and rejuvenate it, cleaning away all pollutants from within.
DIY - Add 2 drops of Satt Naturals Lemongrass oil to 1 tablespoon of Sweet Almond Oil, mix well and apply on your face. Wash after 30 minutes.
- Lemongrass Essential Oil’s fragrance can be used as a deodorizer.
- Lemongrass Essential Oil can be used as a tonic to lift your face, and make it look healthier.
- The soothing properties of Lemongrass Essential Oil makes it the best relaxant, antidepressant and perfect stimulant to deal with stress. It strengthens mind by boosting self-esteem and helps stay calm.
- The high citral contents in Lemongrass oil makes it very effective against mosquitoes and other insects.
It’s very easy to grow too – you can propagate a stalk in a glass water!– it’s really beautiful for urban (edible) landscaping.
Live Naturally and Essentially..