Essential oils have been around for centuries and have become really popular of late again. People are drifting back towards the holistic way of doing things and aromatherapy is one of the best ways to do this. Have you tried using essential oils before? If you have gone for a spa treatment, you might have noticed all the amazing aromatic oils they use. These are all some great essential oils. Your beauty products probably contain some essential oil or the other as well.
So what are essential oils? These are the concentrated extracts obtained from various plant parts. The essential oil extract contains all the beneficial compounds from the plant it is obtained from. Different plants have different beneficial properties and these make them useful for a variety of concerns. These volatile aromatic compounds can be obtained from leaves, bark, stems, peels, etc. and used in many ways.
Here, we will talk about the use of essential oils in the workplace. We are all swamped with hectic work lives these days and this takes a toll on our mental and physical health. Most of us suffer from a lot of stress and barely get time to relax or eat well. Essential oils can be a holistic solution to dealing with this.
Essential oils can be used in three different ways:
● Aromatically. This is one of the most common ways of using essential oils. You can add a few drops to your clothes, handkerchief or just use a diffuser.
● Topically. The essential oil is mixed with some carrier oils or other products like moisturisers. It is then applied topically on the skin on any part of the body.
● Internally. Internal consumption of essential oils is only done after consultation with a medical professional. They will check and see if certain essential oils are safe for you to consume. They may then ask you to add a drop of an oil like lemon essential oil to a glass of water and drink it. Exercise caution when considering internal application.
At the workplace, the best way to use essential oils is a diffuser. You can just use a few drops of any essential oil you like or even create a blend and add them to the diffuser. It will spread the aroma of the essential oils all around the workplace. Adding this aromatic component to your workplace will take it to the next level and make you love your work so much more!
So why should you use essential oils in the workplace?
Well, there are many reasons why essential oils can benefit you in the workplace.
1. Essential oils like lavender and peppermint can help in calming you down. There are many situations like tight deadlines or a heavy workload where you may experience frazzled emotions. This is where these calming oils can help.
2. Essential oils can help in stimulating positivity and improve productivity. There might be some people or situations that send out negative energy to you at work. You may feel burdened and unproductive. Lifting oils like sweet orange and lemon essential oil will promote positivity. You will also be able to focus better and do your work well.
3. Essential oils have anti-bacterial, anti-fungal and anti-viral properties. These will help fight any airborne germs in your workplace. You come into contact with many people at work and this makes you an easy target for any germs from them. The essential oils will kill such germs and also boost your immune system. Eucalyptus, rosemary and orange oil can be especially useful for this.
4. Essential oils can boost your energy levels. Don't depend on caffeine for a pick-me-up. It can get tiring to work for hours at a stretch and you may feel drowsy in the middle of the workday. The aroma of certain essential oils will give you an extra kick and keep you awake. It will help you feel refreshed and energetic even after hours of work. Peppermint and orange essential oil are a great option for this.
5. Prevent any bad odour. Workplaces tend to be a breeding ground for bad odours. It could be anything from shoes, food, paint, etc. No one likes a foul smelling place to work in. This is why it is important for a workplace to have something to cancel out the bad odour. Essential oils are a natural and effective way to prevent this issue. Lavender, lemongrass and peppermint essential oils are some fresh aromatic oils to consider.
When you opt to purchase any of the essential oils above, remember that all oils are not created equal. Obtaining the essential oils from a trustworthy source will make all the difference. High-quality Satt Naturals essential oils will be much more effective than some impure products that you may buy for cheap.
Also remember to exercise caution if you choose to use the oils topically because they are highly concentrated. Store any essential oil in a dark glass bottle and away from sunlight. Keeping it in a cool dark place will allow the essential oil to retain its properties and prevent any photo-toxicity.
Now that you know how helpful essential oils are, start using them at your workplace too!