Lavender and Peppermint oils are some of the most popularly used essential oils in aromatherapy. Not only do they both have a refreshing and amazing aroma, they also have many other benefits.
Lavender essential oil has been used for its cosmetic as well as medicinal benefits. It has a relaxing aroma that helps people deal with stress and anxiety. It also helps in inducing better sleep cycles. Lavender oil has anti-inflammatory properties that help in reducing swelling or treating minor wounds. Studies show that applying lavender oil can quicken the healing process for minor burns or wounds. The antifungal properties of this oil also make it ideal for cleansing and preventing any infections. Research says that lavender oil may help alleviate symptoms of premenstrual syndrome. It relieves pain caused by headaches, sores, sprains, etc quite effectively.
Peppermint essential oil is extracted from peppermint leaves and is used for a variety of purposes. It contains a compound called menthol that has a cooling effect and is a natural anaesthetic. This is why the oil can be helpful in alleviating discomfort or pain. It is also widely used for treating or preventing indigestion and other digestive problems. The carminative property of peppermint helps in expelling gas. It also helps in relieving colds or congestion. The aroma of peppermint is strong yet refreshing and provides relief from anxiety, stress and depression. It has anti-inflammatory and antispasmodic properties that make it great for calming spasms and relieving sore muscles.
All of these properties of lavender and peppermint essential oils make them great for using as ingredients in beauty products. They are often mixed together to create an amazing foot scrub blend that will get rid of all dead skin cells and detoxify your feet.
● 1 ½ cup of sea salt
● 1 tablespoon of olive oil
● 1 tablespoon of jojoba oil
● 6 drops of lavender essential oil
● 6 drops of peppermint essential oil
1. Take a large glass bowl and add the sea salt into this.
2. Pour the olive oil and jojoba oil into the sea salt. Use a fork to mix these together.
3. Now add the lavender and peppermint essential oils into the bowl and blend it all together.
4. Transfer the foot scrub mixture to a glass jar and store in a cool place. It can be kept in the fridge or any dark place where the oils won’t be exposed to sunlight.
5. Take a handful of the mixture and use it to scrub your feet. You can also add a few tablespoons to warm water and soak your feet in it. Leave it on for 10 minutes.
6. Once you’re done scrubbing, wash it out. Pat your feet dry and moisturise.
Once you use this essential oil foot scrub, you will see how soft and clean your feet feel. Soaking your feet in this mixture will also help you relax and have a detoxifying effect. Try it for yourself!