Essential oils have been used since ages with the aim of improving a person’s health or mood.
How can one miss out on the most versatile one of them- The Basil!
What is Basil Essential Oil?
Basil Essential oil, nicknamed “The Royal Herb” is derived from basil herb, a small plant that grows in tropics. The essential oil is extracted by steam distilling from the leaves and the flowering tops. Since ages, the Basil herb is believed to impact person’s mind and emotions. The natural anti-inflammatory, antioxidant, anti-depressant, and diuretic qualities of Basil makes it a common traditional medicine in India, known as “Tulsi”.
It gives a fresh, spicy, but slight sweet scent, with a tinge of woodiness. The sweet spice like aroma does wonders to help lift mood instantly! Its nourishing, protective and reparative quality helps balance, the body, for enhanced immunity system and mind, for calmness.
Let’s talk about the benefits of Basil Oil as a whole and the various ways we can use it, that too at our ease.
- Refreshes and nourishes the skin, making it look healthier.
- Repairs damaged skin to give evenness and natural radiance.
- Balances oil secretion, yet keeps moisturised.
- Calms acnes, and irritations.
- Treats skin infections.
- Tones the skin, making it tight.
How to use- Add a few drops of Satt Naturals Basil Essential oil to carrier Oil of your choice and apply it on your face and body to get an even tone and shiny skin.
- Decreases stress levels, anxiety or feeling of unhappiness.
- Ideal for soothing and eliminating headaches.
- Helps energize dull mind, thus inspiring psychological endurance by giving emotional boost.
- Improves concentration and develops focus.
- Stimulates mind and uplifts mood.
How to use- diffuse 5-10 drops of Basil Essential Oil with water in a Diffuser while studying or working. It makes an excellent aromatherapy. You can also add 2 drops of Lavender oil for soothing aroma.
- Improves blood circulation
- Helps get over fatigue, by relaxing contracted muscles.
- Treats coughs. It is ideal for reducing coughs and colds, fevers, and flu.
- Benefits those who suffer from allergies, sinus issues or infections, and symptoms of fevers.
- Anti-inflammatory effect helps calm skin and minor abrasions.
- Eases minor skin irritations, muscular aches, and exhaustion.
How to use-
- To treat fatigue and cramps -Mix 2-3 drops of Basil Oil with 1 Teaspoon of Sweet Almond Oil or Jojoba Oil and apply to the fatigued area.
- To treat cough and cold- add 3-4 drops of Basil oil to a bowl of steaming hot water, and inhale by keeping your face at least 10 inches away.
- One can also make an instant vapour rub by diluting few drops of basil oil to 1 teaspoon of Sweet Almond oil or Jojoba oil and massaging it onto the chest.
- To improve blood circulation- Add a few drops of Satt Naturals Basil Essential oil to any carrier oil of your choice and massage your whole body with it.
Give the traditional herb yet another shot with its essential oil and we’re sure you will love it. Stay relaxed and keep stress free with Basil Essential Oil.