WHERE DOES YLANG YLANG ESSENTIAL OIL COME FROM?
Ylang ylang oil is steam distilled from the yellow, star-shaped flower that grows on the Cananga tree (Cananga odorata). This tropical species is native to places surrounding the Indian Ocean, such as India and Madagascar island. It has a Luxurious, intensifying and floral, sweet scent which makes it a popular cosmetic product. The iconic delicate flower of the line of perfumery, has long been associated with the affairs of emotions as well!
WHERE AND HOW IS YLANG YLANG OIL USED?
From relaxing your body to calming your mind, this oil has it all. Adding this oil to your beauty regime is the panacea to all your skin & hair problems. It’s appeasing aroma will soothe your body & mind and help you unwind at the day’s end. Lets get started to unveil the benifits the sweet floral aroma of Ylang Ylang has to offer.
Helps Rejuvenate skin
Dry wrinkled skin troubling you? Are you missing your young self lately? No more of worrying now- A little changes in regimen and you’re all young again!
When people age, their skin begins to break down and lose suppleness. Hence wrinkles develop and fine lines start to appear on the face around the forehead, mouth, and eyes. The antioxidant effect of Ylang ylang oil helps Reduce signs of ageing, it preserves that youthful glow of yours and specifically, helps rebuild the skin’s proteins and fats while reducing the number of free radicals.
HOW TO USE-
Dilute 1-2 drops of Ylang Ylang Essential oil in 1 tablespoon of Sweet Almond carrier oil, then gently massage onto the face 1-2 times daily. Both these oils have excellent anti ageing properties and synergize just perfectly to give added skin tightening benefit!
Do you too end up having few hair strands in your hand each time you run your hand over them? Well, hair fall is indeed a nightmare! Solution? We’ve got you covered!
As a Natural Conditioner, Ylang Ylang Oil percolates into your scalp, thereby moisturizing it well. It locks the moisture and keeps hair silkier and softer. When applied to the locks, the hair becomes bouncy, shiny and free of knots and tangles.
HOW TO USE
- In massage- oils are best used in massages. Mix 2-3 drops of Ylang ylang essential oil in 2 tbsp of carrier oil of your choice and apply it to your head. You can also do a hair mask by wrapping a warm towel to help steam absorb more of it.
- As a shampoo additive- Just add a few drops of Ylang Ylang to your shampoo. You don’t really have to make extra efforts to make your hair look extra shiny!
- As hairsprays- The oil can also act as a wonderful hair perfume that will allow strands and skin to emit a long-lasting and pleasantly intense scent. Mix 7-10 drops of Ylang Ylang Essential Oil, 2 tsp. Aloe Vera Gel Juice, and 45 ml distilled water inside spray bottle. Shake the bottle to thoroughly blend together the ingredients, then spray it on the hair or on the skin as a regular spray-on perfume.
This hair conditioning treatment will enhance the health, lustre, and texture of strands. Maintain your regimen and your hair will feel much softer and healthier, with noticeable gradual reduction in hair loss.
The deep sweet- scented oil nuanced with tropical spice, Ylang Ylang has anti-depressant and sedative qualities, that address and reduce the mood swings. The pleasant scent is both delicate and powerful, which makes it an ideal choice for Men and Women alike. It is said to possess aphrodisiac qualities due to its strong tempting and seductive scent which gives mental as well as emotional relief at a blink! No oil is as quick and effective a mood changer for good, as Ylang Ylang.
HOW TO USE-
- Add 6 drops of Ylang Ylang Essential Oil and 3 drops of Sweet Orange Essential Oil with 2 tbsp. of Carrier Oil. Apply this to your pulse points -Collar Bone, neck, wrists and inner elbows
- It can also be diffused with water in a diffuser to uplift mood.
- Put a few drops under the pillow or bedsheet cover for long lasting soothing fragrance.
Uplifts mood and boosts Positivity
Feeling sad or dull? Can’t live in the moment? You need a charge up!
Ylang ylang has calming qualities, that help lower the blood pressure. Hence, The oil is often used in aromatherapy to inspire feelings of relaxation and create mood of a hospitable atmosphere. It immediately boosts the mood, sedates the mind and lowers the bodily stresses; promoting positivity, happiness, and feeling of optimism.
HOW TO USE-
- Simply diffuse few drops of Ylang Ylang Essential Oil by Satt Naturals, with water in a diffuser. The oil blends beautifully with Sweet Orange and Lavender Essential Oils. Combine them together to soothe feelings of stress, tension, and sadness get stronger feelings of self love and happiness.
Wellness is not rocket science that requires a lot of effort. It just needs a bit of love, care, regularity and one little secret- Ylang Ylang Essential Oil! So, use it generously to reap its benefits in abundance.